About the Refugee Jobs Agenda Roundtable
The Refugee Jobs Agenda Roundtable offers a platform for over 150 employers, employment and immigrant serving agencies and government representatives to increase refugees’ access to meaningful employment opportunities that utilize the talent and skills they bring to Canada.
Under the leadership of co-chairs, The Honourable Ratna Omidvar, Rashmi Vohra (TD Bank Group) and Jim Estill (Danby Appliances), and strategic coordination by World Education Services (WES), the Refugee Jobs Agenda Roundtable is a multi-sectoral network, not an organization. It was initially established in 2015 to support Syrian refugees by planning and executing practical, employment-focused initiatives to support the connection of refugees to employment opportunities in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. Currently, the Roundtable is open to members from across the country.
The objectives of the Roundtable are:
- To improve the employment outcomes of all refugees new to Canada, with a particular focus on Afghan refugees, and Ukrainian newcomers
- To collaborate with employers, employment and immigrant serving agencies, and government representatives to collect and disseminate a body of best practices
- To ensure easy access to those best practices across regions and business contexts, including among smaller communities and smaller employers
- To support capacity-building for refugee entrepreneurs
- To guide and support companies that have made commitments to hire refugees