2023 Toronto Refugee Hiring Event
About the event
This is an annual hiring event for refugees and other displaced individuals where candidates are pre-screened and matched with employers for on-site interviews.
The goal of the Toronto Refugee Hiring Event is meaningful employment via action-oriented steps. Should you succeed, you will be provided:
- A job offer, or
- A second interview
- Or be included in further hiring processes of the employers you interview with
You qualify to participate in the event if you are eligible to work in Canada and are:
- A convention refugee
- A refugee claimant
- An individual displaced by war, including Ukrainian newcomers
How to apply
- Click on the button below. You will be directed to the job portal on Lever.com
- Review the different employers and select up to 3 employers and the role you would like to interview for.
- Once you submit your application, we will conduct a pre-screening assessment. Please note that an application does not guarantee an interview.
- If selected, we will contact you to participate in a mandatory preparation workshop.
Please note that participation in this event is by registration only. Interview spots are limited. Early registrations are encouraged.
As a candidate, you will benefit by
- Accessing pre-screened and multi-sectorial job opportunities from Toronto’s top employers who are committed to tapping into the refugee talent pool.
- Consulting with community agency experts who will review your resume and offer customized guidance to maximize your interview performance.
- Receiving on-site tips and advice at a Coach Corner, should you need it during the event.
- Receiving on-the-spot feedback from employers.
As a candidate, you commit to
- Submit a complete registration form indicating your up-to-date skillsets and the three positions you would like to interview for.
- Participate in a virtual and mandatory preparation session offered by one of the community agencies.
- Report back on your interview outcomes.
2022 Toronto Refugee Hiring Event Outcomes
- 12 employers
- 149 candidates
- 19 job offers made on the spot
- 85 candidates moved to the next round
- 70% success rate